how did you ring in the New Year?

Good Morning! Happy New Year! The day came early, like 0001, kind of early! It all started with great intentions. It always does. Today was earlier than usual. Yesterday, we went out to save the economy on our way back to house the youngest decided she wanted play at her cousin's house. Sounded like a good idea, one less argument in the car. After dropping her off, number nine and I headed to the Bx and commissary. Halfway through the trip, that one declared she could "walk no longer" her legs were too exhausted from so much shopping! There was still the need to have keys made for the little house. Long story for another post... 

I decided it was easier to go do the rest of my errands without company, number nine got to go home and watch movies with DH. After checking on the youngest and finding she was still playing without fighting, I headed out to finish my errands. Two hours later I checked on her again only to find she wanted to "spend the night". Hmm... she hasn't done an overnight in a while so we gave it a shot. So much for getting to bed nice and early. I waited for the phone to ring with a request to be picked up... no call. Then a text... "You let her watch 'IT'!?"

Um, first of all, I don't even know what "IT" is. Apparently she and the 6 year old know "IT" is a clown and a scary clown. So finally at 11pm she decided she was too scared and wanted to come home. To make scary things worse my son-in-law had set their house alarm and didn't tell his wife so when she opened the door... well you can guess how loud that was and then the youngest started wailing like never before! Yes we have an alarm also. It is still in the box it was delivered in though. I call it the "silent" alarm.

Glad we only live a few minutes apart right now. We got home at five after the hour and by 7 after she was sound asleep. It was just myself and the two dogs awake... wide awake. 

I was finally getting a bit drowsy when one of the dogs started to growl. Then, I heard it too. Jumping out of bed and running up the stairs to the back door I found nothing. I heard it again, a sound like running down steps or on a wooden surface. Thump, thump then rapidly. I opened the drapes to the west and saw a wonderful display of fireworks on the Peak. The Add-a-man club was giving a wonderful show! Also, the new neighbors were giving a pretty good one too! Then I looked out the front door to see several neighbors standing on their porches yelling "Happy New Year!"

Back to bed because 0400 comes at the same time every day, like it or not. Bright and early this morning the youngest woke everyone to tell them about the clown. My early morning plan was to drive to Oklahoma and visit my younger sister. Reinforcement, for the best laid plans...

It looks like a visit to my sister will wait until later in the year. Today will just be a lazy day in which I can try to find my planner and start getting the list ready for our future move. Besides that, it is time to make butter. I know, that was random. Random Robin.

Have a great new year and do something new!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

morning calm

To be or not to be... that is NOT the question!

Black Friday... White Snow