Finally! There is heat!

Today there is heat in our new home! No stove, no refrigerator, but there is heat! That is important when you are unpacking boxes or just loading boxes into the house. We don't have an "occupancy certificate" yet so we cannot "live" in the house. We can stay in the camper across the way if we want. But there is still so much to pack at the little house it seems silly to do that. Plus it is flipping cold out east. The wind is blowing hard here in town so it is probably worse out there.

Today I took 7 boxes out to the house and DH was putting light bulbs into fixtures about the house. We looked around a bit, out the windows and upstairs. I mentioned that I would miss not having a southern exposure window on the first floor, but that having one in the basement and on the second floor really did make me happy. He, for the first time since buying the house, expressed regret at rushing to buy this one so fast.

It took me by surprise a bit. I never expected to hear those words I guess. It really is more than big enough for the four of us. In fact, the little house in town is really more than we need. I just do miss having my chickens closer than my neighbors. I miss having a clothesline to hang my clothes on. We could put one here on this property but there are a lot of steps to get from the laundry in the basement to the backyard to hang it.

There is one thing I am not good at these days, steps. Although my first fall of the year was on flat ground in the new house.  I guess every place should get an initiation... As I looked out the windows on the west side of the new house I was surprised at how close the neighboring houses seemed. DH reminded me that there used to be a 4 car garage, 4 sheds, two very large elm trees and a speedboat blocking the view of the neighbors' homes. It seems so bare without the trees. Well and the other stuff too, but the trees provided so much shade!

Today must be a feel "sorry for me" day. Almost every time I thought of moving, of the fire, of the loss of a friend, of the new baby that is being evicted from the AO on Monday... well just about everything made me want to tear up! Poor pitiful me LOL!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

morning calm

To be or not to be... that is NOT the question!

Black Friday... White Snow