Lay off day

Today is lay off day at my son-in-law's workplace. I am sure he is a bundle of nerves. They have a new baby coming Monday, and they are just in their new house not even a year and they have a car loan and credit cards... Frankly, life is a scary place right now.

Everyone has to come to work and then alphabetically, they will be called out for a review. If they let you stay after the review then you are safe until next year. Otherwise, you are walked out of the building after the review by the CSPD and security. What a way to start your day!

He stated even if he gets to stay he is on the hunt for a new job. I don't blame him. I suggested aviation... he is afraid of heights. Well, there is ground crew... or gate agent. I enjoyed that position. It has all the same benefits as any other position. Plus your feet are firmly on the ground!

Well, time for a prayer and crossing my fingers! His time, by last name is 0840... He made the cut for this year or 6 months!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

morning calm

To be or not to be... that is NOT the question!

Black Friday... White Snow