What to do in January for exercise...

Good Morning! It is quite chilly this morning! This week my daughter and I had been discussing ways to exercise in this chilly weather. We have a zoo pass and she and her daughter headed there on Monday morning to test the challenge out. It was too cold for her daughter. Each morning since has been the same or chillier. 
Zoo walking has been put on hold.

The other night while fighting to get to sleep, it dawned on me that we could just go to the base and use the indoor track. Without too much more waiting that is what we have decided to do. Logistics is now our only challenge. Well that and what to do with the young kids.

When I first brought the puppies home I thought eventually we would take them on walks and that would help me exercise more. Of course, being out on the plains there are coyotes and other wildlife to consider. But now we are in town and there is the challenge of the youngest child and leashes. Long story short, she constantly plays with the leashes and hides them quite well.

In the mean time my personal challenge is to deliberately climb the short set of steps in the little house over and over. If I do this twice a day to start and succeed I will increase the repetitions and or the number of challenges a day. I feel I get enough exercise jumping through multiple hoops a day and with Taekwondo, but the former doesn't count and the latter is to just get out of the house and think of nothing.

The kids go twice a week but I only get away once a week, so far. Well this post has to be quick as I have a writing class to attend today. There are several to do's on my list starting with getting the kids out the door to school. Thursday is my day to drive. Yay me!

Have a great day... It's totally free!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

morning calm

To be or not to be... that is NOT the question!

Black Friday... White Snow