The Days are Vanishing almost too fast... almost

As the day progressed and I made my to do list, it dawned on me that soon the kiddos will be back in school. This "vacation" we did not go do anything special. I mean in the way of traveling or the aquarium, things of that nature. Soon the kiddos return to "school" and I will need a routine. There won't be anyone to yell "quit fighting" to. 

I had an impulse idea to go visit my sister but that fell through. Perhaps on the next "vacation". There is still time to visit the aquarium. Today we have a craft planned and it is a short day for my daughter at work so we will stay here. Perhaps we will get to the aquarium before the break is over. 

Most of Christmas is packed! DH will carry it in the truck and put it in the basement of the new house.
I headed to Lowe's to make keys for the little house and I got Veteran Parking!!! That is the first time since the signs went up that I was able to park in one! Of course I had to document it with a photo as it may never happen again in my life time. Lots of veterans in this area of the country.


My daughter that is due any day now was willing to watch the kiddos while I made the keys so not only did I get "prime" parking, I was kid free! Definitely something to document. I took full advantage and went to the dollar store afterward and to the little Walmart market for milk. A regular night out on the town!


Part of the "goals" for January and hopefully beyond, is to only go to Costco once a month. It seems doable right now so I added all ancillary stores to this goal. So that was my one trip to the dollar store for the month. I will take pictures of my purchase and try to justify each item later. And with the dining room table staying clean for a record amount of time I might that done soon.

Earlier this month #9 showed me a tooth coming through the side of her gum. So off we headed to the dentist to see what needed to be done. He let us off the hook easy and said it could stay another month or we could pull it today. It is a baby tooth so no harm. Being a spectrum kid, or maybe just a kid in general, she wanted it out. Possibly thoughts of the tooth fairy were dancing in her head.

Trying to ward off a "run" on tooth fairy finances, I explained that any assistance from the dentist could lower the value to the fairy. She did not care. The dentist pulled not just one tooth but two! We will see what the fairy does about that!

There is progress at the new house. The dormers were installed and the roofer needs to come. Once all the windows are installed in the basement and in the dormers we can call the stucco guys. So, maybe February?

Well it is time to get busy...



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

morning calm

To be or not to be... that is NOT the question!

Black Friday... White Snow