As the butter churns...

Hi! I have a goal for 2020!!! Yes, Yes, I am behind in the "resolutions" department. That only affects one thing in my life ... It will take a bit longer to forget them and move on!

My goal is one craft a month! Yes it is a lofty goal! Especially for January since deciding it later than the first, I will lose a few days.
This month though it will be two baby items. Mostly because I know of two babies that are due soon. Now to decide if the projects will be sewn or crocheted.

That will cut down on my assembly time too. Decisions, decisions. Another "resolution" is to only go to Costco once a month. I know that sounds too lofty. Really though it shouldn't be. We only buy paper towels every 3 to 6 months, and butter and whipping cream vary quite a bit. Plus, if I am not getting all the cream used for whatever reason, it then gets turned into butter and goes to the freezer. Same for any vegetables that we buy there. They end up getting shared with others, frozen or dehydrated. So why do I go in so often?

In December, I bought two rotisserie chickens from Costco. Neither one was eaten the day it was brought home. Neither was finished. I ended up giving the second one to my daughter. I took one piece off to make soup since the crowd screamed for chicken noodle soup. No sense making a bunch of side dishes to go with something they are not going to eat anyway. Plus my daughter was just getting off of work and had no dinner planned so it worked out perfect. I am pretty sure the first one got thrown out.

All that being said, I think I go out of boredom. Boredom can be expensive! Maybe not being bored should go on my "list".

January will be the month to get the pantry items completely listed so that I don't double and triple buy stuff. Now to get DH on board. Sometimes I think he is worse than me about buying too much stuff. If I send him for something I have to be prepared to have him return with no less than 5 bags of "stuff" and if I am really lucky what I requested will be in there!

Another project will be a Birthday card list. I know most of the birth dates but I rarely remember to send a card. Then it is a last minute text message...which really isn't the same.

Well that's all I can think of for now so... enjoy some butter today!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

morning calm

To be or not to be... that is NOT the question!

Black Friday... White Snow