Last but not least...

It is the last weekend before the balance of the school year begins. Scary that it is only a few days until the next grandchild arrives and all the moving takes place. I had plans to sort through the girls' closet and eliminate clothes they don't or can't wear, but then I realized how much there is to do in that area! Holy cow! How do we accumulate so much, so fast??

Time to declutter and try not to add more in the next month! This month we (I) are (am) trying to cook out of the freezers and pantry only. The reason is simple, less to move to the new house when the time comes. Also I am packing up small things that are not in use and sending them out with DH each day. That should also lessen the load when the time comes. 

We also plan to replace the carpet in this house once we have most of the things moved. I would like to find something a bit darker than what we have. That way the dirt might not show as quickly.  There has been the idea floating in my head to have an impromptu moving sale one of these weekends. Just have to decide what to sell. Most all the big furniture is going away. I don't want to move the couch in the den again! It is basically four recliners that attach to each other with one being a love seat size. Too heavy!

As I said, the newest grandchild is scheduled to arrive soon and there is a shower to plan. Today and Wednesday may be the only days we can make the planned "thanks for coming" gifts. My daughter and I plan to make homemade Vaseline and put it into little jars and then into little, pink tulle, bags along with a Ferrero Rocher candy. Simple, maybe a little too simple, but there are 60 guests expected and there is a lot to do before next Sunday. Here's a link to the recipe for the homemade Vaseline. 
https://www.littlehouseliving.com/homemade-vaseline.html

I made a test batch a while back and it is very nice!
You can even see the nice finger scratch that one of the kids put in it. I am sure just to show detail LOL! Now to locate the ingredients that were already purchased for this and the little jars... they are here somewhere...


Good thing they are all showing up at the expectant family's house and not this little place! I'd have to duct tape them to the walls!
And with Vaseline as gifts they might slip away!

Now back to those resolutions.....



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

morning calm

To be or not to be... that is NOT the question!

Black Friday... White Snow