Still working toward those "Resolutions"?

Why yes, yes I am! My birthday list is complete! The first birthday up is the 10th of the month. Yes this month! An updated address book would be a very good thing for me to have. I will get working on that.

It will have to wait until tonight to get started. I was casually making my list for today. You know the one... the must do, wanna do, might do and don't wanna do? Well, anyway as I pondered my tasks, a dirty spatula jumped up out of the sink and smacked me! The nerve of the dishes around here! Not only do they multiply without considering who is going to wash them, they demand attention! So just to spite them I WILL put them on my daily list!

Today
is trash day around here and at my daughter's home. We share trash service with her. They have 2 cans and only use one so we offered to split the bill and use the other can. Probably sounds cheap but it is $2 more a month for her second can and it would be $23 a month for one can for us with new service. So second on my list is taking trash to her house. We have about 2 bags a week. First is getting kiddos dressed and fed.

In town there are places that you can take flattened cardboard at no charge and they get recycled to assist some charity programs. So cardboard gets saved and taken to one of the dumpsters about once a month. Needless to say this will all change when we move. Out east we have a trash trailer and when it is full we take it to the dump.

Well there has been a lot of typing and no mention of those "resolutions". So here goes. I have actually kept the kitchen table mostly clear. Yes, there are a few things on it but we can have a meal without children shoving things from one side of the table and having things falling off the other side. For me this is huge. 

My home collects stuff on every flat surface very quickly! Without a workstation for my computer, the kitchen table is it. Things pile up quickly, ie recipes for my binder, notes for the blog, toys that can't make it back on their own and occasionally food.

It is also the largest surface available to roll dough on. Be it play dough or the real stuff. This table will remain here for my son to use when he moves in. All of his belongings burnt with ours. He had renters insurance but they required a detailed list of what he lost and receipts... duh everything burned! So when they settled with him it was for significantly less than the value of what he lost. But the biggest reason the table stays is that it is too big for the new house.

We don't have tables in the living room and Jay-Jay the Jet Plane table moved to the "den" to accommodate the Christmas tree and decorations. The den is the "man cave" around here. And the table is covered in the things of a "man cave".  It is okay though, because that table is part of my list of possible get rid of things.

In my old house I had all manner of sewing things, machines, fabrics and generally I had too much. Recently, while talking to my mom and sending her a walk through video of the house so far, she asked which room was going to be my sewing room. Actually, that is still up in the air but I mentioned the possibilities and she gasped and said none of those are going to be big enough for all your sewing machines and stuff! After a brief, uncomfortable moment, I reminded her of why we have a new house. 


After laughing for a moment, she had a sad tone to her voice as she mentioned how bad she felt for our loss. It was sad, but it was just stuff! She stated she wouldn't be able to live if she lost everything. I am so thankful we are different in that respect. If I lost everything again, I would move into a tiny house or a motor home and live like a vagabond for a year! Not kidding!


Back to the resolutions, the table is clear and the dishwasher has been emptied and mostly refilled every night. Also, the meal planning and prep is coming along. The pantry is inventoried and the list is on the computer. Also, fifteen boxes have been packed for the new house. Still need to get the craft thing done and the card written out for the one birthday and mailed.


The geese are flying overhead again, so that is my signal to close for today...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

morning calm

To be or not to be... that is NOT the question!

Black Friday... White Snow