Progress Note on the Butter Churn...

As January continues, I think of more things I can attempt to work into my routine to improve organization of my "stuff". The question is do I save these for 2021? Or do I implement ASAP? So rationally it should be ASAP. I mean really, what makes me think I will even remember the ideas in 12 months? That said this week I have worked on saving the economy and getting a few little gifts for the very young kids in our lives. (Cheaper than keeping the whole kid and sometimes a lot more fun!)

Instead of rushing to pack up Christmas I went to the store to get some Dr. Pepper for DH and some Vernor's to keep on hand for the "sick" days. Ginger ale always seems to help a little. Best to have some on hand rather than run out to the store last minute. While perusing the aisles to see what remnants of the Holidays remained, I thought of one of my resolutions. The Birthday list. While I normally only purchase for the kids in state (the rest can get a gift card or cash). Sometimes the finds are worth the cost of shipping.

So, my 3 for $5 soda run ended up a tad higher than the planned $10. In my defense... is this not the cutest little bowling set?

Okay not the best picture but the colors are vibrant and it is sturdy enough to hold up to our great-granddaughter. She is little, but fierce! It is not a gift I would consider at full price, but 70% off makes it more appealing. The bonus is she lives with the other great-grandma so no risk of me being hit with a bowling pin!

The other benefit to this overage on the cost of soda is... all the birthday parties that the kids get invited to at school. Instead of a $40 last minute run to Target or wherever, there is something for each gender and at the appropriate age for my kiddos. Nothing was over $4.50 in that group of gifts. In fact the only two things over that price were the bowling set at $6 and the Jenga game at $7. That was actually purchased for home use. You see we were getting ready to play a "bored" game that the oldest received and she mentioned how much she liked this game at school. (BTW bored was not a typo).


Now to get on with putting Christmas away and getting the rooms ready for our future move.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

morning calm

To be or not to be... that is NOT the question!

Black Friday... White Snow