The end of another month.

Can you believe it is the end of January?! I myself. cannot. The calendar doesn't lie I guess. As I try to figure out where the days went I am at a loss. Perhaps February will be more productive on the sewing side. I do know we will continue to brainstorm the situation for my aunt.

My biggest hurdle is the family. Leaving the kiddos for a month may sound inviting but only in the imagination would it be possible. The dogs would tear the house apart worse than they already do and I can only imagine what I would return to. So enough musing about that.

I am looking forward to warmer weather so that the dogs can be outside more. Having the fence finished would be ideal but that is months away. In the meantime I have designed a large doghouse on paper, that I am pretty sure I can build. 

In my mind, I feel I can leave them outdoors when I leave the house if they have shelter. Maybe my mind has betrayed me but I also think I will not feel guilty. Yes, I have been called delusional!

Most of the snow from last week has melted and although I know we need more I am ready for spring! When I got up this morning I had planned to sit quietly and enjoy a cup of coffee and plan a Costco list. That lasted 2 minutes, the youngest started sobbing as her eyes were full of sleep and she could not open them.

I took some warm water and cotton balls and cleaned them and I also lied. I explained that if she didn't let me put the medicine in them it would get worse. Not could, would. She still argued against the ointment in her eyes.

Yesterday, I was a scatterbrain, probably not an unusual state of mind for me but I digress. We ran out of children's Tylenol. I have not been without that since joining the Army in 1988. Whenever a kid was prescribed the stuff they were also given a healthy supply to take home.

Rather than loading up the crew I decided that I would wait and get it in the early morning. My plan was to go when I let the dogs out around 0430-0500 on Saturday morning. Little miss was very restless during the night; the 10 year old woke at 0130 and decided she was up for the day. The dogs were also off script.

Any one who has children, not just special needs, knows that when you need things to go a certain way they will not. That set the tone for my trip to town. I did go, and on my way home, 2 miles from home. I remembered that I did not get the Tylenol. Back to town I went.

On my arrival home my dear husband let me know he desperately needed something from town... yes I made a third trip to town. The balance of the day was spent running from one end of the house to the other answering the calls of the needy. During any interludes I attempted to put an over the bed table together for the oldest patient.

Once it was finally assembled and then disassembled and re-assembled, I decided to hide in the shower. After all of that I was ready for some quiet time this morning. It still eludes me.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

morning calm

To be or not to be... that is NOT the question!

Black Friday... White Snow