Goals... new beginnings.

Goals versus resolutions... turns out both require work and a memory! This year I decided that "goals" would be my code word for the changes to my behavior that I really wanted to see happen.  One of my goals was to be more patient with the "learning" around here. I fail every day at this! However, I can start over the next morning and one of these times it will not be a fail!

Another goal was to keep the kitchen counters clear of clutter. There is a song from the '70's I think the band was Meatloaf, "two out of three ain't bad" were some of the words in the song. Although I am fairly sure it wasn't referencing clutter I am going to steal the phrase in a loving way nonetheless.

Two days out of three they are cleared off!
There are a few items left but...

For the most part they are clear!

The table will always suffer...

I know, I know we are not even to the middle of January yet. We are past the first week though and that is progress! I find I need forgiveness every day for things I leave undone, mistakes I've made, lack of patience and so many other things.

In fact, that little problem will probably never change but it is only because I am human. As I type this  #10 just stomped her way to her room because she struggled to tell me what she wants for her second lunch. I did offer choices, they were not on the list that she eventually recited. I agreed to give her requests a fair hearing and even serve them. However, she has placed certain restrictions on how I can serve them.

Stating that I could not fully comply, she stormed off and refused to eat anything. Looks like I might fail again...

I did succeed at starting the living room... I'll keep you posted!! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

morning calm

To be or not to be... that is NOT the question!

Black Friday... White Snow