When Life is a blur...

Ever turn a sink tap on and walk away for a minute? How about an hour and a half? Yes, I did. Which? Both... today, just now I walked into my bedroom and heard a "weird" noise as I walked to the bathroom I realized I had turned on the water at one pm and it is almost two thirty... The whole day has been this way... no wait, the whole week.

Earlier I put clothing in the washer, no wait I took it to the washer and opened the hamper and the washer lids. After turning on the water in the bathroom I went to the washer to switch clothes to the dryer... that's when I realized I never finished that first task. Same with the coffee this morning, sweeping the floors, getting a kid to the dentist, you name it today and I have not completed it. 

This is why I stopped to make a blog post. I figured if finished a short post about the memory problems today they might go away. Now I know they are related to the chaos that is my life this week. That chaos is a bit worse than normal but I should be used to things going a wry at the last minute by now!

The kids are probably going to think that life is never calm. I guess it is best they learn of "snafu's" at home while they are young and maybe when they are on their own and life is "normal" they will be okay. 😊

I learned a lesson today. Never make early morning appointments again. We finally made it to the dentist and we did make it today. That is progress for me. Of course I thought we were going in to have #10 get a cavity fixed and that did not happen. We are now going to have it done under anesthesia at a local hospital. Not today of course, but in the near future. After we have the eye surgery this week they will schedule the next surgery. 

I think if I ever get another kid, I will name it surgery. After all it is the only thing on my schedule any more. So as goofy of a moniker as that would be, it would at least be remembered. 

When all is said and done, I am thankful I have my family just the way it is. My world is upside right now, in time that will change and things will not seem as crazy. I am thankful to have the children homeschooling, even though I am going crazy at times but this is a time when they need me and I need them. It is good to be needed.

Sometimes you have to be the rock that others need.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

morning calm

To be or not to be... that is NOT the question!

Black Friday... White Snow