Updates....Or forget posting, your computer is waaaay behind so sit tight for 2-3 days...

So when life gets busy the first thing left behind is this blog.  Sometimes it is left behind because I can't find my way out of a wet paper bag with a pre torn hole. Other times it is because for some unknown to me reason, I have to turn off that net gear thing and then turn it back on... and then wait to see if it is happy. 
It is happy for the moment.

 It has come to my attention that a certain furry feline has taken to climbing onto the kitchen table... how, with as much clutter that is still on it from the holidays, is a mystery to me.  But the thing  that really concerns me is that my cup of cold water is on that table as I type... it has me wondering did she or did she not take a drink from my cup? She is sitting with her back to me and casting a glance my way as if to suggest that it would be beneath her to even consider it.  So do I continue and drink from said cup or get up and get myself a new drink?  If it were vodka I would be able to tell right away.. because the only vodka in the house currently has a vanilla bean pod in it and will soon be vanilla extract.  And a certain kitty cat would smell of either vodka or vanilla or both!

Well little bit wants some attention, So time for a bath it is.. be back in a bit...
Where was I...  oh yes as I was putting some wood on the fire an ember popped out as it does sometimes and it reminded me of the year the house caught fire.  I kept smelling the smoldering smell all day it really did not fade as it usually does once it gets going good. Like a whiner I kept telling DH why does it seem to smell like smoke in here?  He told me not to worry it was all fine. (I stilled worried) So I went to bed and continued to worry. I drifted off to sleep.  About 11pm the baby woke up screaming and I realized the bedroom was filled with smoke. Of course I did the wrong thing I ran to the door and opened it only to find more smoke. I covered the baby's head with a blanket and yelled out for my DH but he did not answer I kept yelling and I ran for the stairs.

As I reached the steps he woke up from his sleeping on the couch and yelled at me to get back in the room with the baby. I did no such thing and then the flames broke through the floor behind the couch he had been on. I ran to the first floor where my daughter and her family were. The grandkids were sleeping in the bedroom below my bedroom and my daughter and her husband were in our old master bedroom. I tossed my daughter the baby and told them what was going on told my son in law to go get the hose.

I ran to the garage to see how involved that was... Then reported back to my DH what I had found and we were tossing water buckets onto the flames and did not feel like we were making much progress. Plus running to the first floor to get water was not fun at all. We did get the flames out and there was a rather large hole in the floor allowing access to the garage.
To say the least I was a nervous wreck the rest of that winter!

So now I really pay attention to smoke smell more than before...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

morning calm

To be or not to be... that is NOT the question!

Black Friday... White Snow